Date(s) - 02/01/2017 - 06/01/2017
Now Accepting Applications for the Murray T. Harris Scholarship through June 1st
The Grantmaking Committee at the Arkansas Community Foundation will evaluate all applicants. In order to qualify for a scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Accepted or currently enrolled in an accredited allied health program including radiology technologist, clinical laboratory scientist, nursing, respiratory therapy, physical therapy and occupational therapy;
- Be a resident of Washington or Benton County in Arkansas, or enrolled in an allied health program in Washington or Benton County in Arkansas;
- Demonstrated past academic achievement;
- Provide two confidential letters of recommendation, one of which must be from a college professor or advisor on official school letterhead;
- Demonstrate personal motivation for excellence in both character and academic achievement. Personal integrity, as exemplified by leadership, community involvement, and concern for others, will be considered;
- Possess a desire to practice in Washington or Benton County in Arkansas;
- Candidate may be called for a personal interview;
- Under certain circumstances including, but not limited to early withdrawal, scholarship money may be forfeited;
- Ensure that the scholarship application has been completed and signed and application deadline met.
The MANA Charitable Fund does not discriminate in its policies on the basis of race, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sex or religious belief. Payment of funds is conditional upon documentation of entry and good standing in an accredited program. Financial need will not be the primary consideration but may be a factor in the final selection process. Completion of an application does not guarantee the receipt of a scholarship. Preference may be given to previous Murray T. Harris Scholarship awardees.
How do I apply?
The application for 2017 is online and available February 1, 2017 through June 1, 2017.
To access the online application on the Arkansas Community Foundation website, applicants will need to “Create an Account” on the online application portal and select the Murray T. Harris Scholarship.