At Northwest Arkansas Pediatric Clinic, we offer a Wellness Clinic in a completely separate building designed to prevent your healthy child from becoming unnecessarily exposed to contagious diseases. We also provide wellness care at our Lowell Clinic.
Preventative health care is the most effective care we provide. We follow the American Academy of Pediatrics’ well-child exam schedule and vaccine schedule.
- Parents know that a well-child visit is a time for scheduled vaccinations
- Measure your child's growth
- Talk about your child's development, behavior, and general well-being
- Discuss common concerns such as eating, sleeping, toilet training, social behaviors, as well as attention and learning problems
Having regular well-child visits with your child’s doctor and raising the concerns that matter most to you are key in helping the doctor know you and your child, and in forming a reliable and trustworthy relationship.
When should my child have a wellness check-up?
Visits can include physical measurements, patient history, sensory screenings, behavioral assessments, and immunizations, screenings at the following suggested intervals:
- Newborn Well Visit at 3 to 5 days old
- Babies: 1 month, 2 months, 4 months, 6 months, 9 months, and 12 months
- Toddlers: 15 months, 18 months, 24 months and 30 months
- Once a Year for Children 3 years old to 18 years old for an annual health visit that includes a physical exam as well as a developmental, behavioral, and learning assessment.
These levels are in accordance with the American Academy of Pediatrics.
To ensure the best possible care, we encourage parents to choose a pediatrician and schedule a wellness visit for their child before he or she gets sick. Having a wellness visit establishes your child's care with your pediatrician of choice and gives you full access to all of the clinic services like the extended hour acute care clinics and 24-hour nurse help line.
Expecting your first baby? To learn more about NWAPC, visit our New Parent Information page to learn about a free welcome class for new parents.
To schedule an appointment at our Wellness Clinic in Fayetteville or at our Lowell Clinic, you may login to your myMANA account or request by phone. Please specify morning or afternoon appointment time and provider of your choice.