Many patients may be at risk of losing their Medicaid coverage extended through the Public Health Emergency coverage. If you have Medicaid, follow the instructions below to stay informed about possible coverage changes and your options.
When Medicaid renewal letters start going out, you will need to do two things:
- Update your address with AR Medicaid (see below)
- Check your mail – Arkansas Medicaid will mail you a letter about your Medicaid coverage. This letter will also tell you if you need to complete a renewal form to see if you still qualify for Medicaid.
- Complete your renewal form – Fill out the form and return it to Arkansas Medicaid right away to avoid losing Medicaid coverage if you are eligible.
If you have not received your renewal forms, you need to contact Medicaid and update your address.
Update your information with AR Medicaid
If you haven’t updated your contact information with Arkansas Medicaid recently, do it now. It’s important for Medicaid to have your current mailing address, phone number, and email address so you will receive your Medicaid renewal letter and any other important information.
You can update your information on the phone, online, or in person:
- Call the Renew Arkansas hotline at 1-844-872-2660
- Go online at access.arkansas.gov
- Visit your local DHS county office to update your information
Arkansas Department of Health’s Update Arkansas
Update Arkansas Frequently Asked Questions
“Arkansas DHS Prepares for an end to COVID-19 Public Health Emergency” from UALR Public Radio, November 4, 2022