- Red bumps and blisters in streaks and patches
- Often occurs where skin wasn’t covered by clothing
- Very itchy
- Occurs hours to days after exposure
- Usually lasts 10-14 days
If your child has Poison ivy, the following may help:
- Oatmeal baths
- Diphenhydramine (Benadryl)
- Over the counter anti-itch creams. Do not use caladryl.
- Completely wash all clothing and pets that could be contaminated with the oil from the plant.
Make an appointment to see your pediatrician if:
- Your child has a fever
- Your child is extremely uncomfortable
- The rash is on the eyelids, lips, or genitalia