Most sore throats are caused by viral infections, but can also be caused by bacteria and allergies.
- Runny nose/nasal congestion
- Stomach ache
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Plenty of fluid intake
- Gargling with salt water
- Keeping the back of the throat moist by using a throat lozenge
Make an appointment to see your pediatrician if:
- Your child is drooling or having difficulty swallowing
- Your child has a red rash
- You are concerned that your child has strep throat as this requires antibiotics to treat.