Northwest Arkansas Pediatrics has taken appropriate and necessary precautions for the safety and well-being of our patients and families. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we attempt to provide the best possible care under difficult, demanding, and ever-changing circumstances. Specifically, we are following the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines and checklists for patients who may have coronavirus.
- We offer in-clinic appointments or telemedicine appointments. Please call (479) 442-7322 to schedule a visit with one of our board-certified pediatricians.
- You will be asked to contact the clinic when you arrive and to remain in the car until the physician is ready to see you. Our lobbies are currently closed to patients.
- For patients meeting required criteria, we offer COVID-19 testing. The vast majority of patients with a viral respiratory illness, including COVID-19, can be monitored at home.
- Because of these precautions we are taking, you may experience a longer wait to be seen. Please understand that we are committed to keeping your children and family members as healthy as possible. Thank you for your patience.
We are asking you to help us prevent the spread of this virus.
- No longer accepting walk-in patients. For the safety and well-being of our patients and families, we are currently not seeing walk-in patients. Please call the clinic for an appointment to be seen: Fayetteville (479) 442-7322 and Pinnacle Hills (479) 464-5597.
- If you think your child may have coronavirus (fever over 100 degrees AND cough OR exposure to someone known to have coronavirus) please call our clinic first to ensure we can arrange for the best care for your child.
- Please try to limit the visitors inside our clinic to only the patient and a parent or guardian. Grandparents, healthy siblings, and other family members should remain at home or in the family vehicle (with appropriate supervision) whenever possible.
What You Can Do to Protect Your Family
We urge you to follow everyday preventative actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based (greater than 60% alcohol) hand sanitizer.
- Wear a cloth face mask in public. Learn more about Face Masks and how to wear them.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Avoid crowds and unnecessary travel.
- Avoid play dates.
If you have questions or if you are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19:
- Call 479-442-7322 to speak to a pediatric nurse during clinic hours.
- Call 1-800-743-3616 to speak with an Arkansas Children’s pediatric nurse. Nursing staff will be available for questions and phone screenings 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- For medical emergencies, call 9-1-1 and let them know your symptoms.
Follow the CDC’s Quarantine Instructions