During the pandemic, it is more important than ever to get your flu shot to stay healthy. MANA physicians and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommend you get a flu vaccine as early as possible this year.
According to the CDC, the flu vaccine has been shown to:
- prevent flu illnesses
- prevent doctor visits and hospitalizations
- can be life-saving in children
Who should get a flu shot?
The Centers for Disease Control recommends flu vaccine annually for adults and children age 6 months and older. There are different types of flu vaccines for different age groups. Fayetteville Diagnostic Clinic and some MANA Family Medicine clinics offer a high potency vaccine for adults 65+. Northwest Arkansas Pediatrics offers flu vaccines for children age 6 months to age 20.
Where can I get a flu shot?
MANA offers flu shots at 14 convenient locations across Northwest Arkansas.
- MANA Family Medicine Elkins will offer flu shots by appointment Monday through Friday from 8 am to 2 pm. Call (479) 442-1676 when you arrive at the clinic.
- Fayetteville Diagnostic Clinic – Flu shots are now available by appointment during clinic hours.
- MANA Family Medicine North – Flu shots are now available by appointment during clinic hours.
- MANA Family Medicine South offers a Drive-up flu shot clinic on Saturday, September 12 for patients 18+ from 8 am to 12 pm and flu shots by appointment Monday through Friday from 8 am to 4 pm. Please call (479) 442-2822 when you arrive at the clinic.
- Northwest Arkansas Pediatrics offers several Drive-Thru Flu Clinics by Appointment for our established patients in September and October. Click here for a list of flu clinic times.
- Renaissance Women’s Healthcare offers flu shots for established patients by appointment.
- MANA Urgent Care College – Not yet available.
- MANA Urgent Care Wedington offers flu shots 7 days a week from 7:00 am to 6:30 pm.
- MANA Family Medicine Prairie Grove offers a Drive-Thru Flu Shot Clinic on September 12 from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm for existing patients 18+ and in the clinic by appointment.
- MANA Family Medicine Har-Ber offers drive-up flu shots by appointment Monday through Thursday from 8:00 am – 11:30 am and 1:00 pm – 4:30 pm and Fridays from 8 am to 10 pm for established patients. Please pull into the parking lot behind the clinic and call (479) 361-1020 when you arrive.
- MANA Family Medicine Springdale offers walk-in flu shots for established patients and flu shots by appointment for new patients.
- MANA Family Medicine Thompson Street offers flu shots every Tuesday and Thursday from 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 pm beginning September 1st. Appointments preferred, but drop-in’s are welcome too.
- MANA Family Medicine Pinnacle Hills will announce Drive-Thru Flu Shot Clinic times soon.
- Northwest Arkansas Pediatrics Pinnacle Hills will announce Drive-Thru Flu Clinic times soon.