Labor Day is an exciting holiday. Three-day weekends and the beginning of football season are enough to get anyone to celebrate. Whether your idea of celebrating includes a backyard barbecue with friends and family or a nice relaxing day on the lake, here are some safety tips to keep in mind for Labor Day.
- Always watch young children around water.
- Be sure to have the appropriate safety devices in boats.
- Don’t leave food outdoors or in the sun for extended periods of time as this can cultivate germs and bacteria.
- Never drink and drive, and always be aware of other drivers. Just because you’re being responsible doesn’t mean that everyone else is.
- Be sure to apply sunscreen.
- Stay hydrated.
But most importantly, enjoy your holiday! Have a safe and happy Labor Day!