The MANA Charitable Board is pleased to offer the Murray T. Harris Scholarship for students in allied health programs in Washington and Benton Counties of Arkansas each year.
Three Murray T. Harris scholarships in the amount of $1,000 are awarded each summer for the following academic year.
The Murray T. Harris Scholarship focuses on professions within the healthcare sector that are currently underserved, to help attract qualified candidates in these fields. Allied health programs include, but are not limited to Radiologic Imaging Sciences (RT, LLRT, RDMS, RDCS), Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Registered Nurse (RN), Medical Laboratory Science, Phlebotomy Technician, Respiratory Therapy (RT), Dietetics and Nutrition, and Physical Therapy (PT). The scholarship is intended to cover books, fees, and similar expenses for students in qualified educational programs.
The Grantmaking Committee at the Arkansas Community Foundation will evaluate all applicants. In order to qualify for a scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must show proof they are accepted or currently enrolled in an accredited allied health program.
- Be a resident of Washington or Benton County in Arkansas, or enrolled in an allied health program in Washington or Benton County in Arkansas.
- Demonstrate past academic achievement.
- Provide two confidential letters of recommendation, one of which must be from a college professor or advisor on official school letterhead.
- Demonstrate personal motivation for excellence in both character and academic achievement. Personal integrity, as exemplified by leadership, community involvement, and concern for others, will be considered.
- Possess a desire to practice in Washington or Benton County in Arkansas.
- The candidate may be called for a personal interview.
The MANA Charitable Fund does not discriminate in its policies on the basis of race, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, or religious belief. Payment of funds is conditional upon documentation of entry and good standing in an accredited program. Financial need will not be the primary consideration but may be a factor in the final selection process. Completion of an application does not guarantee the receipt of a scholarship. Preference may be given to previous Murray T. Harris Scholarship awardees.
How do I apply?
The application for 2023-2024 will be available January 30, 2023 through May 30, 2023.
To apply, visit the Arkansas Community Foundation website
- Apply for the Murray T. Harris Scholarship on the Arkansas Community Foundation website available from February 1st through June 15th.
- Applicants will need to “Create an Account” on the online application portal.
- Search for or select the Murray T. Harris Scholarship. (Please note there is a questionnaire when you create an account on the Arkansas Community Foundation website to help you find scholarships that may pertain to you. This is not part of the application for the MTH scholarship.)
- Complete the application online and submit the required documents before June 1, 2023.