Most of us nowadays have access to a computer most of the day. With that computer you can instantly communicate with people on the other side of the world, make bank transactions, grocery shop, and buy a new pair of shoes. But did you know that you can also access a patient portal to request an appointment with your doctor or request a prescription refill? Patient portals bring an unrivaled level of convenience and efficiency to healthcare.
What is a patient portal?
A patient portal is a website that gives patients an easy, convenient way to communicate with a practice, and access their own personal health information. Patient portals are secure websites, which means the only people who can access that information are you and your healthcare provider.
Simply set up a username and password through the practice you visit, and you can access your patient portal 24 hours a day from any remote location with internet access.
The benefits of a patient portal
A higher level of connectivity means a higher level of convenience, but patient portals can also improve your satisfaction with healthcare, and even improve the quality of healthcare you receive.
Patient portals allow you to manage your health information and schedule appointments when it’s convenient for you. If you want to request a prescription refill from your laptop in the evening, or set up an appointment for your child in-between emails at work, you can.
- You get 24-hour access to the patient portal.
- Patient portals can improve communication between provider and patient. This can ultimately improve the quality of healthcare patients receive.
- View your health information readily and easily.
- Having easy access to update your information means that your information stays current.
- Save time during visits by filling out forms through the patient portal.
myMANA patient portal
Medical Associates of Northwest Arkansas offers a patient portal. MANA patients can access the patient portal through myMANA.
Patient tools provided through the myMANA patient portal include:
- Appointment requests
- Vaccine record
- Information to help you prepare for an appointment
- Medication record
- Prescription refill request
- Send a secure message to your physician’s office
- Online bill paying
- Patient survey – Your health is our priority, we strive to provide the best possible care and your feedback can help ensure that we continue to improve your patient experience.
Contact a MANA clinic today for more information about the myMANA patient portal.